Wednesday, October 8, 2014

2015 The No New Pattern Challenge



2015 The No New Pattern Challenge

            This challenge is set for 2015. The participant cannot buy any new patterns for themselves throughout the entire year.They must use patterns already in their stash. I think this will be a difficult and exciting challenge, looking at new pattern on the website, then watching them go OOP :/.If you join this challenge in 2014, its not too late to get your favorite of favorite patterns before 2015 hits.

            I started this challenge because I have over 400 patterns in my stash currently. I went through them and realized most had similar designs with minor different details here and there. I also definitely did not come close to making even 1 of 1/3 of the garments. I'm left with tons of unused patterns and am accumulating more.Also let's face it pattern buying can add up and there are only so many ways to make certain garments.This challenge should help  to break up the monotony of our pattern obsession.

             If you are like me please join along. This challenge is to help us bring out our creativity and resourcefulness, during this time you can franken-pattern,or learn pattern drafting, or simply save up the money to buy fabric or patterns in 2016 ;) I am curious to see what everyone can create without adding a single new pattern to the stash,including myself.

For this challenge I would like to include all patterns not just the ones from the big four.
Included:
Patterns: Digital or Hard Copy
Pattern Based Magazines--Burda etc
Pattern Based Books: Gerties etc

Exemptions: Because of course there has to be some.
If you are in a sewing class and have to purchase a specific pattern.
If you are enrolled in classes like Craftsy -most of the patterns are included with the class etc
If you sew for others and have to pick up patterns for them.
You can borrow a friends pattern :)
If you had a 2 year subscription to one of the sewing magazines and it happens to roll into 2015.

To join simply write your blog address below!

2 comments:

  1. I will be cheering you from the sidelines! I can't do it. Can't. Cannot. Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete