Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

DIY: M6955-Happy Mothers Day

 HAPPY MOTHERS DAY 
I decided to wear McCalls 6955 for mothers day. It is springy and made for a nice dress to wear.



My best friend made me some jewelry for my birthday.So fun to be able to pair it with this dress.

LINING BELOW:





Altered bodice pattern below.
This is what I removed below


I had a little bubble right above the darts so I brought them up some.



I used bias binding and a rolled hem instead of serging. I must say I like the results better. I like this pattern and will make it again . I was actually surprised by this dress because    
1.) I am not a fan of floral prints :/. Which one cannot tell by the amount of floral prints that I have been making lately.2.)I was not a fan of the neckline on the photo drawing. Turns out it is pretty flattering.I am not one that like to make a ton of alterations on a pattern. So now that this is done I will remake it.





No comments:

Post a Comment