Friday, August 18, 2017

Butterick 6326



This was a rather simple make. When I saw the pattern I already had the fabric picked out :) A stretch denim, which I had in my stash but due to it being only 2 yards had yet to use. I started with the size 16, then went down to a size 12. Did a swayback adjustment as well as pegging the hem 2 inches on each side. I did not top-stitch, I added an invisible zipper in the side seam and I shortened the hem.
I think this is a very nice pattern to have, as this can be made in so many different colors and fabrics.
I definitely plan on making a couple of more, I think a stretch red denim would be perfect, as well as a pinstripe.





And of course, I could not leave you without photo's of my flock members




Ciao Bunny!!!

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Simplicity 2588 Still Procrastinating And Necklace

I love this fabric and after making a skirt with it  I only had a bit left. It's an african print, so I was deciding what to do with it exactly and if I could  squeeze the remaining bit into an item. Thus                                                          
                                Simplicity 2588 -Almost came to life..Almost!

First was the bodice, which I was excited about it. Am still actually. I wanted to highlight the yellow and  blue so I decided to add a self drafted yellow circle skirt, and change a bit of the bodice.




The yellow was nice and with the right petticoat would have made this a perfect 1950's dress but I felt a bit Disney princess, so I added blue netting on top of the skirt and swapped out the upper part of the bodice.... debated, procrastinated and debated 2 months later and 20 pounds lighter I can't fit the garment. I may pull it out and alter the fitting to complete but I'm still uncertain about where I want this outfit to go....I really like the yellow!!


*********************My Completed African Print Necklace*************************
 


Simplicity 8386

What I'm working on.....














I am using a ponte knit-roma? for one of these(RED) and a more stretchy knit(PINK) for the other. When I saw this pattern I was all in, after I made a mock up though I didn't really like it, it made my bust look huge, I had gaping and swayback issues...HMN

I love 1950's clothing so decided to draft a sweetheart neckline to make this a classic piece. That at least gave the bust a more appealing visual. 7 attempts later here I am, satisfied and ready to complete.


The pink -above photo- was one of my attempts at a sweetheart neckline and it didn't work out so well,back to the drawing board I went.


(******Off Topic Kind Of*****On another mock-up of this, in a more stretchy fabric (PINK) I made a size 12 and it fit pretty decent, the swayback adjustment was still needed. I attribute the fit to the different levels of stretch in each knit. I was still a little surprised though by how much I had to size down to get a decent fit on both.

Now I'm contemplating on how to finish the bodice(RED) , I'm thinking I will omit the bias binding and elastic and just use a facing. I would really like to use the binding and elastic but do not want the stitching to show. Decisions, Decisions.


List of Alterations:
Sweet heart neckline
1 inch sway back adjustement
1 Inch armhole gape adjustment-(It took me a second to realize that the gaping was from the difference in the upper bust and full bust. )
Add 1/2 seam allowance to the neckline and hem
 I started with a size 20 and went down to the size 16 
Shortened the sleeves both width and length-add 1/2 seams allowance to match up 


So much work for such a simple top geez! 








AND.....Introducing Zambique, the newest edition to the flock





AND of course I cannot leave you without photo's of Zulu



CIAO!!!