Saturday, August 12, 2017

Simplicity 8386

What I'm working on.....














I am using a ponte knit-roma? for one of these(RED) and a more stretchy knit(PINK) for the other. When I saw this pattern I was all in, after I made a mock up though I didn't really like it, it made my bust look huge, I had gaping and swayback issues...HMN

I love 1950's clothing so decided to draft a sweetheart neckline to make this a classic piece. That at least gave the bust a more appealing visual. 7 attempts later here I am, satisfied and ready to complete.


The pink -above photo- was one of my attempts at a sweetheart neckline and it didn't work out so well,back to the drawing board I went.


(******Off Topic Kind Of*****On another mock-up of this, in a more stretchy fabric (PINK) I made a size 12 and it fit pretty decent, the swayback adjustment was still needed. I attribute the fit to the different levels of stretch in each knit. I was still a little surprised though by how much I had to size down to get a decent fit on both.

Now I'm contemplating on how to finish the bodice(RED) , I'm thinking I will omit the bias binding and elastic and just use a facing. I would really like to use the binding and elastic but do not want the stitching to show. Decisions, Decisions.


List of Alterations:
Sweet heart neckline
1 inch sway back adjustement
1 Inch armhole gape adjustment-(It took me a second to realize that the gaping was from the difference in the upper bust and full bust. )
Add 1/2 seam allowance to the neckline and hem
 I started with a size 20 and went down to the size 16 
Shortened the sleeves both width and length-add 1/2 seams allowance to match up 


So much work for such a simple top geez! 








AND.....Introducing Zambique, the newest edition to the flock





AND of course I cannot leave you without photo's of Zulu



CIAO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment