Pages

Monday, August 16, 2021

McCalls 8092

 

For this dress I used a small. It was a fairly easy make. Except for the gathering. Which was difficult for no apparent reason. I gathered the bottom of this dress about 5 times. I'm not sure what was going on but it was not coming out to my liking. Usually gathering goes pretty smoothly. It was so frustrating with such an easy make. Finally the gathering gods bestowed their favor upon me and let me get a nice gathering at the bottom. I also changed the sleeves. Instead of the fluttery sleeves I added elastic to the bottom. I really like how it came out. The best part about this dress is that I had just enough fabric to complete it. I was unsure I would have enough of the fabric used to complete any item, and was wondering if I would even be able to use the remaining. Voila, just enough. I used flat fell seems for the majority of the garment and my serger for the rest.
If I made this again I would definitely add more pouf/ Volume to the bottom flounce.
#LeaveNoFabricLeftUnsewn













                                                                      Lower Sleeves
                                                                        Gathered Bottom
                                                      Inside of gathered bottom before gathering stitches were removed
                                                                 Inside of the flat fell seam




SewVintageBunny

No comments:

Post a Comment